MEMORANDUM ON "PASSPORT-TALENTS" MULTIPLE YEAR CARD ON BUSINESS CREATION
This is a summary of the pertinent elements of the French Law of March 7th 2016 setting forth the conditions for the passport-talents multiple year professional card offered to professional foreign (non-EU) persons.
The multiple year “passport-talents” card was established by French Law n°2016-274 of March 7, 2016 and entered into force on November 1, 2016, and grants certain categories of professional’s a four-year status upon first admission (submission of request to the Consulate of France of your foreign residence).
These categories are, in particular, as follows:
1. Certain foreign employees following a French master’s degree;
2. Highly qualified foreigners who are hired directly in France under the European Blue Card legislation, of a minimum salary of 53, 836.50 Euros per year,
3. Intercompany transfer of an international group employee,
4. A Foreign business creator having at least a master’s degree or comparable professional experience,
5. A foreigner who is making a direct economic investment in France,
6. A foreign person who will be a legal representative in a company established in France in the context of an intercompany relationship
7. Certain other professional activities that do not require work authorization (in particular independent professionals, under certain circumstances).
As examples, we developed on two of these specific categories below:
(1) HIGHLY QUALIFIED WORKER « european blue card »
To be considered as a highly qualified worker, you must either:
- Have a diploma of at least three years of university study; or
- Five years of professional experience at a comparable level, an employment contract in France of a term of at least one year, and for a gross annual salary of at least 53, 836.50 euros.
Therefore if you were to be hired by a company established in France for such a salary, the Carte Bleue Européenne would be a rather straight forward option for family immigration, which would not require financial investment, or the drafting of business plans, etc. The sponsoring company can be a new company.
(2) FOREIGN BUSINESS CREATOR
Provided you have the educational or professional experience, you may request the passport-talent card as a business creator, if you are able to demonstrate an investment of at least 30 000€ in an economically viable and serious commercial activity.
In order to prepare such an application, we would require, in particular:
1° Documentation and information on your profile, diplomas and experience ;
2° Business plan and financial forecasts, contractual documents with suppliers and clients, as applicable, all other documents, commercial lease or other documentation as the case may be that would be required for an activity in that given sector;
3° Proof of your personal resources;
4° Proof that at least 30 000 € has been injected in the project.
If you want to know more on the "Passport-Talents" issue, please feel free to contact us.
- décembre 2019
- octobre 2019
- mai 2019